[Maia-users] Maia Mailguard Killing me
jason hirsh
2021-04-22 15:11:11 UTC
I used https://www.purplehat.org/?p=736. To install my mail sever on my Freebsd 12.1 Server

I have posted this before with no luck but I Thought I would try again

Mu issue is that Maia gives me the following error when I try to access the login or admin

"Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /usr/local/share/pear/MDB2.php on line 826

Notice: Undefined variable: lang in /usr/local/www/maia/maia_db.php on line 93
MDB2 Error: insufficient permissions”

It is now blocking all my gmail mail.. I have about come to the thought that I need to remove Maia but not sure of a clean way that won’t break my mail server.

Anthoughts or guidance ?

Jason
Janky Jay, III
2021-04-22 15:45:23 UTC
Hi Jason,
I used https://www.purplehat.org/?p=736
<https://www.purplehat.org/?p=736>.  To install my mail sever on
my
Freebsd 12.1 Server
I have posted this before with no luck but I Thought I would try again
Mu issue is that Maia gives me the following error when I try to access the login or admin
*"Warning*: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that
implements Countable in */usr/local/share/pear/MDB2.php* on line *826*
    I'm not sure why you would be getting this error. How up-to-date is
your installation? What version of PHP, Pear and Maia-Mailguard are you
using?
*Notice*: Undefined variable: lang
in */usr/local/www/maia/maia_db.php* on line *93*
MDB2 Error: insufficient permissions”
    Looks like this would indicate a database authentication failure.
Are you able to run both the web and CLI configtest scripts? What do
they say?
It is now blocking all my gmail mail..   I have about come to the
thought that I need to remove Maia but not sure of a clean way that
won’t break my mail server.
    You can disable Maia-Mailguard easily by commenting out or removing
the "content_filter" line in your Postfix's "main.cf" file (Likely
/usr/local/etc/postfix/main.cf.)
Anthoughts or guidance ?
    I would suggest removing all configuration files from your system
and re-running the installation. The purplehat.org installation guide is
a bit out-of-date (I plan on fixing that soon) but it still works just
fine if you follow the suggestions during installation. Perhaps there
was a small but important step that was missed in your previous attempt.

Regards,
Janky Jay, III
jason hirsh
2021-04-23 13:02:39 UTC
Post by Janky Jay, III
Hi Jason,
I used https://www.purplehat.org/?p=736 <https://www.purplehat.org/?p=736>. To install my mail sever on my Freebsd 12.1 Server
I have posted this before with no luck but I Thought I would try again
Mu issue is that Maia gives me the following error when I try to access the login or admin
"Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /usr/local/share/pear/MDB2.php on line 826
I'm not sure why you would be getting this error. How up-to-date is your installation? What version of PHP, Pear and Maia-Mailguard are you using?
Notice: Undefined variable: lang in /usr/local/www/maia/maia_db.php on line 93
MDB2 Error: insufficient permissions”
Looks like this would indicate a database authentication failure. Are you able to run both the web and CLI configtest scripts? What do they say?
The web version says "

PEAR::MDB2 FAILED: Could not connect to database. Check the mysqli://maia:***@tcp(localhost:3306)/maia setting in config.php.

So I am back to a messed up config.php

I will just remove the content filter till I can walk though the config issues

Thanks

Jason
Derek Atkins
2021-04-23 13:19:48 UTC
Post by jason hirsh
The web version says "
PEAR::MDB2 FAILED: Could not connect to database. Check the
So I am back to a messed up config.php
I will just remove the content filter till I can walk though the config issues
Umm.. Why not just fix the config.php, restart apache, and get it to work?
Most likely your URI is wrong, or the password is wrong.

Also, check that you can connect to mysql from the command line. It could
be a mysql server config problem. If mysql cmdline works, then ensure the
URI is correct in the config.php, and that it matches the maiad config
too.
Post by jason hirsh
Thanks
Jason
-derek
--
Derek Atkins 617-623-3745
***@ihtfp.com www.ihtfp.com
jason hirsh
2021-04-23 13:56:52 UTC
I am working at fixing the config.php. but each issue seems to be a mountain

Not sure maia was the issue as taking it out still does not fix the not receiving gmail problem
Post by Derek Atkins
Post by jason hirsh
The web version says "
PEAR::MDB2 FAILED: Could not connect to database. Check the
So I am back to a messed up config.php
I will just remove the content filter till I can walk though the config issues
Umm.. Why not just fix the config.php, restart apache, and get it to work?
Most likely your URI is wrong, or the password is wrong.
Also, check that you can connect to mysql from the command line. It could
be a mysql server config problem. If mysql cmdline works, then ensure the
URI is correct in the config.php, and that it matches the maiad config
too.
Post by jason hirsh
Thanks
Jason