[Maia-users] State of various "forks"
Alexandre Takacs
2015-07-03 10:33:51 UTC
Dear all,

It is my (possibly flawed) understanding that there are various forks of
Maia currently being developed, or at least maintained.

Is https://github.com/technion/maia_mailguard the right place to get
started ?

Anyone coordinating these efforts ?

Any feedback / info / pointer most welcome !
Janky Jay, III
2015-07-03 16:23:39 UTC
Hi Alexandre,
Post by Alexandre Takacs
Dear all,
It is my (possibly flawed) understanding that there are various
forks of Maia currently being developed, or at least maintained.
Is https://github.com/technion/maia_mailguard the right place to
get started ?
Yep! This is the correct place to get the latest, supported (by this
mailing list, anyway) version of Maia-Mailguard.
Post by Alexandre Takacs
Anyone coordinating these efforts ?
There are a few people that are contributing to keeping Maia alive.
If you're interested, get in touch with Joshua Small (browse previous
posts to this list or the GitHub repo for contact info).
Post by Alexandre Takacs
Any feedback / info / pointer most welcome !
It's really the same as it was before. Just with newer PHP code to
keep it current and working. Let us know if you have any issues getting
it installed and we'll be glad to help you out with what we can.

Regards,
Janky Jay, III
Joshua Small
2015-07-05 22:51:03 UTC

The original project was more or less abandoned.

I created the below fork in order to coordinate the large amount of community patches at the time, and the introduce a few of my own for important components such as support for modern versions of PHP.

Although I am actively maintaining it in so far as, I will continue to apply appropriate bugfixes as they are put forward, and spend time developing fixes for things that I consider important, I aren't seeking to actively add new features or functionality, unless someone sends PR. People aggressively insisting on features like "rewrite it in Node.JS" have had their email address blackholed.

Davide Bozzelli
2015-07-06 06:35:05 UTC
Joshua why don't u give a name to your project?
I mean, it's time to make it a maia-ng or something new.

But it needs its own look
Hi,
Joshua Small
2015-07-07 23:26:25 UTC
Hi Davide,

At the time I created the fork and did 90% of the work, maia's licensing was interesting. Whilst it was legal to fork the project, fix bugs and redistribute it, it was not legal to call it anything but 'maia'.

That restriction has now lifted, but the latest major code overhaul was already completed at that point.

If and when a further significant overhaul is required, I'll look into branding at that point.

Davide Bozzelli
2015-07-08 12:10:23 UTC
Thx for clarification
Would be better then to takeover the control of the Website ad update it
with fresh info pointing to the new src repo?

If you can still call your fork maia then just reuse the resources available.