[Maia-users] [Fix] Images / CSS Not loading
Marc Fournier
2015-05-07 18:15:51 UTC
Hopefully I didn’t miss this already going through the list, but after upgrading to 1.04, had issues with the pages not being formatted … being slow, didn’t clue into it being because the css/images weren’t being loaded, had a click slap me upside the head for that … the problem is that it looks like smarty.php assumes I have maia installed at /, not as a subdirectory, so it has all the theme stuff hardcoded to / … if this is already “fixed”, sorry for wasted bandwidth, but if not, the fix is simple:

*** /tmp/smarty.php Thu May 7 18:13:19 2015
--- smarty.php Thu May 7 18:11:58 2015
***************
*** 98,104 ****
} else {
$this->plugins_dir = array($this->_basedir.'code/', "Smarty/plugins");
}
! $this->assign('template_dir', '/themes/'.$theme.'/');
}

function getBaseDir() {
--- 98,104 ----
} else {
$this->plugins_dir = array($this->_basedir.'code/', "Smarty/plugins");
}
! $this->assign('template_dir', 'themes/'.$theme.'/');
}

function getBaseDir() {

Marc G Fournier
Owner, Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
Jason Street
2015-05-08 08:19:40 UTC
Hi Marc,

That's great. I did bring it up on list recently and have a ticket open
on github (https://github.com/technion/maia_mailguard/issues/27).

You're change appears to be the one Janky Jay suggested which certainly
worked for me. The only thing is it possibly does not work if maia is
on a Subdomain, at least Janky seemed to think that was the case, I have
not tested that part.

If you had the time do you think you could create a pull request on
Github? It'd be great to get the repo development moving.
Technion/Joshua Small had set up the fork based on a number of people
offering to help but that has not really happened yet
(https://github.com/technion/maia_mailguard/issues/29#issuecomment-98890090)

~~Jason S
Marc Fournier
2015-05-13 06:38:53 UTC
can you provide a quick list of steps on how to do that? its been a couple of years since I’ve done a pull request, and my mind is a bit foggy on this :( I’m running from the command line, not through a GUI

I did a ‘git clone’ of the repo, made my mods and tried:

$ git request-pull
usage: git request-pull [options] start url [end]

-p show patch text as well

But, as the example shows, I’m obviously missing details

Please advise / refresh my memory

Marc G Fournier
Owner, Hub.Org <http://hub.org/> Hosting Solutions S.A.

Jason Street
2015-05-13 13:25:07 UTC
Post by Marc Fournier
can you provide a quick list of steps on how to do that?
Hi Marc. Probably the easiest way to do it is from the github interface

https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request/

And some other useful link

https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests/
https://yangsu.github.io/pull-request-tutorial/
Marc Fournier
2015-05-15 18:43:34 UTC
God, I hate feeling stupid, but I’m a command line guy, hate web interfaces

I read through https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request/ <https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request/>, as well as ‘creating a branch’ which that links to

So, I logged into github, went to the project and tried to create a branch, which for obvious reasons, I can’t do, but its what the instructions said
 so do I need to fork that project in order to create a branch in order to do a pull request
 ?

I’m missing something obviouis here, apparently

Jason Street
2015-05-18 20:10:02 UTC
Post by Marc Fournier
So, I logged into github, went to the project and tried to create a
branch, which for obvious reasons, I can’t do, but its what the
instructions said … so do I need to fork that project in order to
create a branch in order to do a pull request … ?
I’m missing something obviouis here, apparently …
hi Marc I am still getting to grips with it my self but from my
understanding you need to fork technion's repo, update yours (either
master or a new branch) and then do the pull request here (compare
across forks):

https://github.com/technion/maia_mailguard/compare/#

selecting tecnion on the left, yours on the right and it will search for
any changes and give you the option to do a pull request.