[Maia-users] Convert from PostgreSQL -> MySQL
Marc Fournier
2015-08-07 21:00:51 UTC
as much as it pains me to do so, mysql support for maia is stronger then postgresql and time isn’t on my side to do much about that …

Is there a way of doing it , though, that doesn’t lose all of the user settings?
P.J. Tezza
2015-08-08 16:33:59 UTC
Here is my suggestion:

1) Figure out how to dump data from postgresql and import it into mysql.
There are many ways to accomplish this.
2) Create an empty mysql schema using the script provided
3) Dump the data from the postgresql tables you need
4) Restore your dumped data into mysql

You don't need to dump and restore all the tables but you'll have to
look through the list of tables and figure out which ones you want to
keep. Here is the list I came up with that includes all my domains,
users and configurations (including user's white/black lists) but does
not include ham, spam or any SpamAssassin data:

maia maia_config maia_domain_admins maia_domains maia_users
mailaddr policy users wblist

Because the maia schema includes default values for most of its columns,
when you insert data into mysql, you don't have to include values for
every column. This is handy for upgrades.

PJ