[Maia-users] Installation
Ashley Large
2015-08-03 17:21:25 UTC
Hi

I am trying to install latest maia from Github on Centos 7. I have read
various install docs but they often refer to downloads from sites that no
longer work. Im also unclear whether the latest Github version includes
various patches which the install docs mention. Is there an up to data
install doc for this somewhere and does anyone know what to do with:

There is no amavisd-maia init script in the source - all install docs refer
to this. Has it been patched in source?

IMAPProtocol.php.txt is refered to but not downloadable. Is current version
patched?

amavisd.conf-maia is referred to in docs. Is current version patched?

There are others but maybe someone has an install guide or overview?

Thanks

Ash
jjs - mainphrame
2015-08-03 17:46:52 UTC
Hi Ashley,

One of the changes in mailguard since the 1.0.2 days is that amavisd has
been replaced by maiad, and since centos 7 is using systemd, instead of an
init script, there is a maiad unit file, which can be deposited in
/lib/systemd/system.

I've been looking at installs of 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 on centos 6 and centos 7.
I had to tweak a few things to get it all working, but I do have working
instances of the 1.0 rennaissoft branch (1.0.3) on Centos 6, and a modified
version of the trunk from technion (1.0.4) on centos 7.

I'll be pushing my changes to a github tree, and adding docs and scripts to
streamline the process, as time allows.

Joe