[Maia-users] Maia digest login issue
David Newman
2015-08-06 05:05:52 UTC
Maia 1.0.4 on pho-postfix on FreeBSD 10.1

How to get the link in Maia's daily digest email to log in to the digest
display?

Clicking the link in the daily Maia digest email fails to login with
this error:

Login for user failed. ( Invalid request. The link you followed here may
have expired. )

The only reference in the Maia or pho-postfix archives I could find was
that a message has already been processed. That message doesn't make
sense here -- the link is to a list of all the messages for that day.

If it's relevant, I set up this machine per the pho-postfix
instructions, then migrated existing databases from another pho-postfix
server running the same versions of everything.

Thanks!

dn
David Newman
2015-08-09 18:04:05 UTC
Still looking for help on the login link in daily digest email failing
to log in to the digest display in Maia 1.0.4.

With more verbose logging enabled, this appears to be related to the
user_token parameter in xlogin.php:

Sun Aug 09 10:46:04.759431 2015] [:error] [pid 9818] [client
2605:e000:141f:52:
4ec:ca27:7d2e:7cae:61102] PHP Notice: Undefined index: user_token in
/usr/local
/www/maia/xlogin.php on line 161
[Sun Aug 09 10:46:04.764233 2015] [:error] [pid 9818] [client
2605:e000:141f:52:
4ec:ca27:7d2e:7cae:61102] maia: token or data not found
[Sun Aug 09 10:46:04.765956 2015] [:error] [pid 9818] [client
2605:e000:141f:52:
4ec:ca27:7d2e:7cae:61102] maia: user 0 cannot impersonate 2

There is no user_token field in the sample MySQL database supplied with
FreeBSD (in /usr/local/share/doc/maia/maia-mysql.sql).

How to correct this?

Thanks!

dn
David Newman
2015-08-10 22:43:46 UTC
Post by David Newman
Still looking for help on the login link in daily digest email failing
to log in to the digest display in Maia 1.0.4.
With more verbose logging enabled, this appears to be related to the
Sun Aug 09 10:46:04.759431 2015] [:error] [pid 9818] [client
4ec:ca27:7d2e:7cae:61102] PHP Notice: Undefined index: user_token in
/usr/local
/www/maia/xlogin.php on line 161
In xlogin.php, changing 'user_token' to 'token' on line 161 allows
logins to work from the link in the daily digest email.

This works, but I don't understand why, or where user_token comes from
-- it's not in the Maia database. My change may also introduce a
security concern. And, of course, any update to Maia would presumably
break this hack.

Thanks in advance for further troubleshooting clues.

dn