[Maia-users] Change SMTP sender to From
Jimmy Blakeney
2016-11-30 19:52:03 UTC
Hi all,
I have been using Maia for quite a while now and planning to upgrade to 1.0.4 soon. I have the system up and running for testing purposes. One "issue" I am having is in the list-cache views as well as the digest that is sent, the from address is the "SMTP Sender" not the actual "From" address. This is not normally a problem but, for example, my list / digest shows a message from:
201611254057229bf49c94817d4dc9fd7ccd8d9b30p0na-***@bounces.amazon.com
Instead of:
"Amazon.com" <store-***@amazon.com> as my email program shows.

This makes it a little difficult to determine the actual sender for some messages. Is it possible to change Maia to use the from instead of the SMTP Sender? I think it would improve the readability for me. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jimmy
Jimmy Blakeney
2016-12-01 18:33:37 UTC
So, after a little looking around a little, this may be an interaction with my inbound server (ASSP) that does preliminary scanning of inbound email.

Looking at the raw email:

Later down is:
From: "Amazon.com" <store-***@amazon.com>
Bounces-to:
201611254057229bf49c94817d4dc9fd7ccd8d9b30p0na-c3obiq45zdkfpxh@@bounces.amazon.com

Is Maia just searching for "From:" to match the from address and catching the X-Assp-Envelope-From instead of the actual From?

Thanks,
Jimmy
Post by Jimmy Blakeney
On 11/30/2016 at 1:52 PM, in message
Hi all,
I have been using Maia for quite a while now and planning to upgrade to
1.0.4 soon. I have the system up and running for testing purposes. One
"issue" I am having is in the list-cache views as well as the digest that is
sent, the from address is the "SMTP Sender" not the actual "From" address.
This is not normally a problem but, for example, my list / digest shows a
n.com