[Maia-users] Deprecated Define?
Bob
2015-05-16 00:07:10 UTC
I got the following messages when running
../scripts/send-quarantine-digests.pl

defined(%hash) is deprecated at /var/maiad/maia/scripts/send-quarantine-digests.pl line 144.
(Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
defined(@array) is deprecated at /var/maiad/maia/scripts/send-quarantine-digests.pl line 151.
(Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)

Should I change something?

Thanks,
Bob
Bob

2015-05-21 06:58:17 UTC
Hello,

My previous installation that dated back to 2012 used to
suffer from the same problem. My current one which follows Janky Jay's
updated tutorial does not. The location you quote (I think the default
scripts location is now /usr/local/share/maia/) suggests you are still
using the previous version. You might want to consider updating your
setup. The offending `defined` at l. 151 has been removed so using the
updated version of the scripts might help if you do not want to update
your whole setup, though I have no idea if they are a drop-in
replacement and advise caution.

All the best,

Matías

Post by Bob
I got the
following messages when running ../scripts/send-quarantine-digests.pl
defined(%hash) is deprecated at
/var/maiad/maia/scripts/send-quarantine-digests.pl line 144. (Maybe you
should just omit the defined()?) defined(@array) is deprecated at
/var/maiad/maia/scripts/send-quarantine-digests.pl line 151. (Maybe you
should just omit the defined()?) Should I change something? Thanks, Bob

Links:
------
[1] mailto:Maia-***@renaissoft.com
[2]
http://www.renaissoft.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/maia-users
Bob

Jason Street
2015-05-21 08:08:50 UTC
Oops, context blooper,

I have PurpleHatOrg and Maia mailing lists
grouped and wrongly assumed this was PHO. Anyone not running FreeBSD and
PHO's setup should ignore my post.

sowwwwwy,

Matías

Post by Jason Street
Post by Bob
Post by Bob
I got the following messages when running
../scripts/send-quarantine-digests.pl defined(%hash) is deprecated at
/var/maiad/maia/scripts/send-quarantine-digests.pl line 144. (Maybe you
should just omit the defined()?) defined(@array) is deprecated at
/var/maiad/maia/scripts/send-quarantine-digests.pl line 151. (Maybe you
should just omit the defined()?) Should I change something? Thanks, Bob

Links:
------
[1] mailto:Maia-***@renaissoft.com
[2]
http://www.renaissoft.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/maia-users
[3]
mailto:Maia-***@renaissoft.com
[4]
http://www.renaissoft.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/maia-users
Jason Street
2015-05-21 08:23:00 UTC
Post by m***@pizarro.net
Oops, context blooper,
I have PurpleHatOrg and Maia mailing lists grouped and wrongly assumed
this was PHO. Anyone not running FreeBSD and PHO's setup should ignore
my post.
sowwwwwy,
Matías
Ah I am the one who should be sorry, I meant to reply to Bob's email...
:-/

¬¬JS
Janky Jay, III
2015-05-21 15:21:15 UTC
Last I conversed with Bob, he was running the latest Maia 1.0.4 from
ports. So, this issue shouldn't be happening at all. I'm also curious
as to where these scripts have come from..?
¬¬JS
Bob
2015-05-21 17:31:30 UTC
Apparently, the new install didn't overwrite the old cron jobs from the
1.0.3 version. Nor did I see any notice that the scripts moved. So, my
maia cron jobs still point to the old /var/maiad/maia/scripts directory.
The port needs to either move them back to the old location or let
upgraders know. I have manually updated the location for the cron jobs.
I have also deleted the old directory

Thanks,
Bob