[Maia-users] Accounts/email addresses not linking
Richard B. Pyne
2015-09-29 21:12:58 UTC
I am running Maia 1.0.4 with Postix, Dovecot, and Postfix Admin, using a
common mysql database for user authentication, in a virtual mail
environment where all accounts use the full email address for the
username. Automatic account creation is turned off.

This is a new (re)install of Maia in a long running email system which
had a failure that required a clean re-install of most of the mail
system other than the common database.

Everything seems to be working with one minor problem. Maia filtering
users are being re-created when users log in with their common credentials.

I tried to manually re-creates some key users, and rather than creating
them with the full email address, Maia created them with only the user
portion of the ***@domain.tld, so I deleted those users and the related
email addresses from Maia. Now when those users do log in with their
common credentials, Maia will not link the email address to the user and
activate filtering.

My guess is that there is something left in the database from my attempt
to manually create the accounts that is preventing the proper linkage. I
tried to manually link the email addresses with the accounts, but to no
avail.

Any suggestions on how to get them to link properly so they will filter
will be greatly appreciated.

--Richard